Thanks to Metamucil, our sponsor today, for helping us on our daily journey towards healthy living.
My kids LOVE to swim. In the summer months, we spend a lot of time at the pool, lake, and ocean, so it’s no surprise that they love the water. One thing I’ve learned from our endless hours in the water… swimming makes everyone hungry.
I have started keeping a bag of snacks ready to go to the pool on any given day. Healthy, energy-packed snacks are a necessity for my family. I’m so focused on packing snacks that are healthy and filling for my family, that I often forget about myself.
What I’ve noticed from my days at the pool or lake is that people snack often, but since so many people are eating foods low in fiber, they are hungry just an hour later. I have also realized that many people do not get enough protein or fiber. The crazy thing is that it is these two things that keep us full. In fact, 95% of Americans don’t get enough fiber in their diet. The natural psyllium fiber in Metamucil gives you a serving of the fiber you need—but don’t always get—from your daily diet, so you can stay regular.* The new Metamucil Fiber Thins is an easy and great-tasting way to boost your fiber intake and helps satisfy hunger. They contain natural psyllium, a soluble fiber that works with your digestive system to help it run smoothly.
10 Foods to take to the pool that keep you full
- Blueberries. Who can resist these power-packed yummies? Grab a handful for a quick boost of Vitamin C or throw ’em in a smoothie for a flavor enhancer. Whatever you use them for, you can’t go wrong with these super tiny superfoods.
- Metamucil Fiber Thins – These taste great and are such a simple way to get your fiber on-the-go.
They keep me full and I can switch up which flavor I grab to toss into my bag. My new favorite is Chocolate (it’s new).
I like to take them to the pool because they are individually wrapped, so I am only eating what I open.
I toss a single serving into my purse when I am leaving the house. It’s from the makers of Metamucil, the #1 doctor-recommended fiber brand, so I already know and trust the brand.
- Almonds. Super high in fiber, and they’ve also been known to help prevent heart disease. If you love them, you can also turn them into almond butter as well! Spread that wholesome healthy goodness on celery or apples for a totally nutritious snack.
- Protein Balls. These are quick little snacks that are easy to make (but get eaten as fast as you make them!) Just throw your ingredients together in a bowl & combine.
- Apples. No matter how you want to eat your apple, it’s all a plus. You can munch on them whole, halve them or cut ’em in quarters. Packed full of that much-needed fiber and high in Vitamin C. Plus, this is such a super easy snack for that grab and go lifestyle!
- Cranberries. They may be mini, but they pack a punch! Cranberries are a super must for your diet! They are known to help prevent UTI’s and make a great healthy addition to any salad. Pair them up with some almonds for an especially super snack!
- Strawberries. Packed full of Vitamin C, these summer fresh fruits are a must. Not only does our body need Vitamin C, but it does so many great things to help us as well. Vitamin C can help with our immune system and also our vision. Load up on strawberries the next time you visit the store and fill your tummy with those good, juicy berries! Make a smoothie- it’s an easy way to enjoy our berries!
- Trail Mix – I love to make my own trail mix. It’s easy to do and I can customize it to my family’s tastes. The oldest son likes to eat them with just peanuts and raisins. That’s easy enough to do. I’m more of a cashew girl myself. You can pack the trail mix into little individually portioned containers or bags so there is no worry about where little brother’s finger may have just been. Everyone has their own snack pack!
- Homemade Granola – Granola is a nice sweet treat. When you make your own you can customize to your family’s taste. Are you starting to see how eating real food can make everyone happy? My kids seem to love to eat with their hands so car trips are loads of fun for them. They don’t have to hear, “Use your fork!” through the entire meal.
- Pistachio nuts: They keep you full for a very long time. They have healthy fats, protein, and fiber. Plus, you can have 50 pistachios per serving. I just prep them but putting them into little bags so I can grab them & toss them into my bag.
My favorite of these is the MetaMucil Fiber Thins. They are convenient for on-the-go snacking and they taste great. They’re perfect for that much-needed fiber your body needs and to help satisfy hunger on that fun summer days!
Disclosure: *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.