This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Nature’s Bounty®. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Always talk with your doctor before adding any supplements to see if they are right for you!
Happiness & Health are related. As the mom of four children, I have to work hard every day to keep my family and myself healthy. Today, I want to share some ways to be your healthiest… and happiest!
What is the relationship between Health and Happiness?
Health and happiness go hand-in-hand. It’s a simple concept: Keep yourself healthy to be happy. There is so much information about health that it can be hard to know where to start or who you should trust. As a mom of four children, I researched the best way to keep my family healthy, along with myself. It boils down to this: small changes in lifestyle habits can significantly impact your health and happiness long term.
How are the mind and body connected?
The mind-body connection is strong, and it’s all about making small changes in lifestyle habits that have a significant impact on your health. As the world begins to focus more on physical and mental health, we become aware of how much they are related to our happiness.
Small things make a big difference to your health.
We know that by taking care of our physical and mental health, we will feel better. When we feel better, we are happier. So how does one begin? For as many years as I can remember, I watched my parents take care of themselves. They exercised, and they ate right. They demonstrated the importance of taking care of themselves. Their health benefited our entire family. Now that I am a parent, I try to do the same, as does my husband. We want to be an example of good health for our children.
However, I was missing one thing. When my son was born I learned about the benefits of supplements and saw firsthand how much they can impact health. From then on, I have been taking supplements. It’s not a hard thing to do, yet it makes such a huge difference to our physical and mental well-being. Now we take care of ourselves in every aspect. We take care of ourselves so we can take care of them & live happy, full lives: BOUNTIFUL lives. You can start small and see significant changes when you take supplements made from quality ingredients, like the ones from Nature’s Bounty®.
Nature’s Bounty® has been helping people get the most out of life by making trusted products, backed by science, for over 50 years. Nature’s Bounty® delivers innovative supplements to help us live a bountiful, active, and healthy life. They become our partners to live not just a healthier life, but a richer and more abundant one: A bountiful one. Bountiful is a way of life; a mindset to be the very best version of yourself.
A few of my favorite supplements include:
- Nature’s Bounty® Immune 24 Hour+
- Nature’s Bounty® Immune 24 Hour + with Ester-C ® Vitamin C lasts up to 2x longer than regular Vitamin C in your white blood cells to provide long-lasting immune support.*
- Nature’s Bounty® Sleep3:
- Triple action time-release formula so you can fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer during times of occasional sleeplessness.*
- Nature’s Bounty® Optimal Solutions Advanced Hair Skin & Nails Gummies
- Contains 6,000mcg of Biotin per serving to support beautiful hair, glowing skin, and healthy nails.*
- Nature’s Bounty® Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies
- Each tasty gummy serving includes 500mg unfiltered liquid apple cider vinegar, made with U.S. grown apples plus Vitamin B-12 to support energy metabolism.*
I bought all of them at Publix. You can find great deals there by looking at the shelf signs, located throughout the store, that highlight the savings during their promotions. Also, when you head to Publix, be sure to pick up their 12/18-12/31 Extra Savings flyer, which will include a $3 savings offer for Nature’s Bounty®. You can also find a complete list of product savings included in the Stock Up promotion.
Remember – if you don’t see the Extra Savings flyer in the kiosk at the store’s entrance, head to customer service and ask for a flyer. They’re always helpful!
Why do we need sleep for our bodies to function properly, and how can we improve it?
The other area of my health that I wanted to work on was my sleep. When we aren’t sleeping well, it changes everything, but we have the power to make changes that will positively impact our sleep and help occasional sleeplessness.
Science proves that mothers are exhausted for a good reason. Multitasking, keeping up with our busy lives and schedules, taking care of ourselves and others, plus managing our children, home, work, school, and more can all lead to trouble sleeping. By the time we settle in for the night, it can be tough to fall asleep – difficult to “disconnect” from everything that is going on in our minds. I am not talking about being tired only in the physical sense, but also in the mental & emotional sense. We’re always thinking: constantly spinning the wheels in our minds. Our minds never stop.
Whether we spend our nights tossing & turning or sleeping soundly, it plays a massive part in how we act, think, and look.
When we are tired, we are impatient, grumpy, or easily stressed.
When we are well-rested, we are patient, energetic, and happy. So much of how we feel boils down to how well we are sleeping.
How do we improve our sleep?
- Exert enough energy in the day (to be tired at night.)
- Take Nature’s Bounty® Sleep3 before bed. This 100% drug-free sleep aid can help you relax and get a good night’s sleep during times of occasional sleeplessness.* It is calming with the ingredient of L-Theanine combined with a blend of nighttime herbs chamomile, lavender, lemon balm, and valerian root extracts help you relax and unwind.* It contains quick-release melatonin to help you fall asleep fast. Lastly, the layer of time-released melatonin works with your body’s natural sleep cycle to help you stay asleep.*
- Go to sleep on time and keep that time consistent (a regular bedtime is essential for your health.)
- Limit blue light at night. Blue light signals the body to be alert and awake.
- Keep the room cool (it helps get quality sleep)
Remember…. Making small changes in lifestyle habits can have a big impact on health & happiness.
Your health is worth it. When we take the time to evaluate our current habits and make some minor changes, it can have a big impact on our life, happiness, and overall well-being. Reduce your stress, meditate (you can find some great podcasts and videos on this), take time for self-care, eat right, and work out.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.