This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I am blogging on behalf of Walmart.com and received compensation for my time, but the views expressed here are solely mine, not Walmart’s. Shop online and save money to live better at https://www.walmart.com.
It is almost Father’s Day! This year I wanted to try to think of some fun things to do with our kids and my husband … and think of a fun Father’s Day Gift for Dad. I think that my husband would PROBABLY like to have NOTHING to do for Father’s Day- haha– but with four kids ages 7, 6, 3 and 1, that’s just not the case!
So, here are 5 fun activities to make Father’s Day fun & memorable!
1) First and right off the bat… LET HIM SLEEP IN! This is what I wanted on Mother’s Day. Just that extra hour. Just to see the clock say 8 instead of 7 (our kids sleep until 7:00 every day- see that post here if your kids wake up too early). You could bring him some coffee in a great new mug from Walmart.com, like this one, when it is time for him to rise & shine.
2) I would have to surprise him with this shirt because it is so true in our house!! (PS- here is his Pancake Saturday recipe.) I can already tell you that he will be wearing this shirt: “Dad, Pancake Maker” every week- our kids will see to that! haha! I will probably make the pancakes on Father’s Day, though, since my husband will be sleeping in!
3) I think that our kids would absolutely LOVE to play golf with my husband, but taking six of us to the golf course is a lot of work, so this year I am going to set up a little mini golf-course in our back yard! (shh… don’t tell!)
All that you would need is one of these two-way putters for left and right hand & a set of golf balls (I like those Color My Class Golf Balls). I would just place some heavy plastic cups (on their side) in different areas and we would set up stations (holes) and play. Plus, this promotes taking turns and family bonding, so I think it would be a lot of fun!
4) Next, a quick lunch on the grill would be a great fit for our family! Everyone loves this and my husband enjoys grilling out. (You could have some new grilling accessories waiting out there for him!)
5. It’s game time!
5) Head back out to the yard to play a fun game of Corn Hole. I think that if we buy this, I will have to paint one of them in Steeler Colors and the other one in Panther Colors. (We were born in PA so my husband loves the Steelers, but our kids were born in NC and love the Panthers). This would be so much fun for our family!
6. Dinner’s Ready
To finish off our night, we would eat dinner (I will make this french dip sandwich crock-pot meal because it is one of his favorites) and then head in to watch a movie.
If you are looking for a homemade gift as well, check out this DIY fingerprint tie. The kids love making them & Dad loves wearing it!