This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Orkin Ecologist. All opinions are 100% mine.
I am the Mom to three boys and a baby girl, so crafts, books and science ideas are always happening in this house! Boys and bugs just go together- they love to explore, learn and dive deep into anything that would encourage their learning new things (our daughter is too young to see if she will love it, too, but if she is following in their footsteps, I’m sure she will!).
- Used (washed) egg crate
- Googly/ wiggly eyes
- Black (or dark colored) pipe cleaners (or red if you are doing a red ant)
- Black or Red paint (depending on which kind of ant you are making)
- Take an egg crate and cut part of it to create the body. ( I cut the bottom off where THREE eggs went)
- Poke 6 holes in it for the legs (space them evenly- 3 small holes on each side. We used a nail to make the holes just big enough for the pipe cleaners)
- Paint it red or black – let it dry
- Glue the wiggly eyes onto the ant
- Insert them as legs. Bend them at a 90 degree angle to make them “hold up” the ant.
Grab Our One-on-One Time Calendar
I'd love to send you 30 days of One-on-One time Ideas for you & your child!
Please enter your info below & I'll send it to your email inbox. 🙂