Our kids and I created these DIY Glitter Shamrock Canvas Art projects that are the perfect St. Patricks Day Craft.
Not only are they super easy to make, but they were very inexpensive and it they look so cute! Decorate your home for St. Patrick’s Day with this DIY glitter shamrock silhouette on canvas! Find everything that you need below. I’ve included affiliate links to the products that you’ll need. Most can be found at your local craft store, too. 🙂
Stephanie from Gathered in this Kitchen is here to teach us how to make these. Take it away, Stephanie…
“Celebrating holidays is always special in our family. We make special holiday-themed treats as well as decorations for our home. I have my usual spots like my front door and sofa table where I change out the holiday decor for the next holiday. I usually love to make the items I display, like this shamrock wreath, because it just seems so much more personal. My favorite is to decorate the house with things that the kids have helped me make – beautiful and made with love.
This DIY Glitter Shamrock is adorable and an easy St. Patrick’s Day Craft! It only takes a few supplies that you can buy at your local craft store or order on Amazon.
- Canvas (I went with 8×10 size)
- Green glitter
- Spray adhesive glue
- Print pattern out of a shamrock
- Tape (optional, if you have a hard time getting your paper shamrock to lay flat once it’s cut out)
CANVAS PANELS 12 PACK – 8Creative Arts by Charles Leonard Glitter, 16 Ounce Bottle, Green (41125)Elmers E452 Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive, 4-Ounce, ClearPkgd Printed Shamrock Cutouts (10/Pkg)Scotch Magic Tape and Refillable Dispenser, 3/4 x 650 Inches, 6-Pack (6122)
Let’s Make It Together!
I searched Google for a “shamrock silhouette”. Once I found one I liked I printed it off and got to work! Note: you may have to play with the % adjustments on your printer to get the shamrock to the desired size for your canvas.
- Cut out the shamrock
2. Place rolled or double sided tape on the back side of the shamrock cutout
3. Place shamrock in the center of the canvas and generously spray adhesive glue over the entire canvas and shamrock
4. Liberally sprinkle green glitter over the entire canvas (place a piece of paper or newspaper under the canvas to avoid a messy cleanup!)
5. The whole canvas should be covered in glitter!
6. Remove paper cutout and flip the canvas over and tap to remove excess glitter
7. Use a paintbrush to remove any excess glitter on the front side
That’s it! Such a fun and simple craft that only takes a few minutes so the kids stay engaged and is super easy to clean up! This cute Glitter Shamrock Canvas Art would be a great preschool or classroom project! I love the way it adds holiday cheer to my farmhouse decor!
What are your favorite holiday crafts to make with your kiddos? If you’ve got a spare t-shirt laying around and a green pepper you should give this awesome project a try!”
Thanks to Stephanie for sharing this fun post with us today! Her blog, Gathered In The Kitchen is a blog dedicated to sharing quick and easy family friendly recipes as well as affordable DIY tips and tricks. Gathered In The Kitchen’s favorite posts are DIY Grout Cleaner with Baking Soda and DIY Burlap Bubble Wreath for back-to-school.