Our kids love to celebrate our animal’s birthdays, so when Coach, our Goldendoodle, turned two last week, they wanted to find him a great gift. They decided that he should have a treat jar and some of his favorite treats- easy enough!
Side note: This would be a great gift with the holidays coming up. If you know a family that is crazy about their dog or cat, customize this jar for your friends. It’s adorable and takes about ten minutes to make.
When we decided to make it, the kids and I ran to Walmart and grabbed what we needed:
- Large glass jar (with lid)
- Stickers (I wanted white)
- Tape (to act as a border to use for my letters)
Vita Bone® Artisan Inspired® Dog Treats – made in America by a family-owned company with real fruit, veggies & meat–made in the treats. (Don’t worry- they don’t smell like “dog treats”… they smell like real food, because they are real food. There’s no Corn, soy, by-products or artificial flavors in these treats).
- Take off any price tags or stickers.
- Wash the inside and outside of your jar and dry it well.
- Make sure that your jar is clean of any residue.
- Wrap the tape around the bottom of the jar. This serves as the guide for my letter placement.
- Using your stickers, write the words that you want. I wrote the word “TREATS” first. Once that part was done, I knew where to put “DOG”. You can use your dog’s name where I have “dog.”
- Pour in the dog treats.
We used Vita Bone® Artisan Inspired® Dog Treats because they have a kind of unexpected indulgence that we like (and we knew Coach would like). They are thoughtfully crafted in five, kitchen-inspired flavors and made with real meat, fruit, and veggies. We give them as an everyday reward. We all like a good snack (my indulgence is ice cream), so why wouldn’t our dogs? I feel bad giving him just dog food every day (I can’t imagine eating the same food day after day), so I try to spice it up with his treats.
We have these flavors:
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato flavor biscuits
- Maple Bacon & Blueberry flavor biscuits
- Turkey Stuffing & Cranberry flavor biscuits
- Country Biscuits, Sausage & Gravy flavor soft treats
- Turkey Pot Roast & Red Potato flavor soft treats
So- just put your treats into your jar and you’re done!
The kids can easily get into it to give him a treat, too (At least one child will ask me every day if they can give him a treat. We have big & little treats, so they can pick what he gets).
If you want to Learn more about the treats, you can Find a store near you and even Print a coupon to save money when you get there. Enjoy! (well- I should say “Have fun creating” to you… and “Enjoy” to your dog!) 🙂
Do you want to a prize of your own (to share with your dog)?? Enter here–>> click here to enter the Rafflecopter giveaway