This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This great idea came from my friend, Khrista. (Khrista works closely with our contributor, Angela from TNTgetfit.com) Khrista recently made this DIY craft organizer for her daughter. Her daughter loved it and so did I, so I had to share it with you!
Her daughter, much like our son, loves to make crafts (the kind of crafts that they can just ‘invent’. I’m sure that many of you have craft-lovers like this in your family.
So- Khrista decided to get organized! She bought her daughter a plastic hardware storage unit (Compartment Storage Container). You can buy these at Lowes or home depot for around $20, depending on where you get it and what size you decide to buy. They look similar to these ones:
- You could decorate with stickers.
- It can mount to wall (this would be great in our house because things tend to get lost with four kids!)
- Or it can be kept on the table.
- Instead of filling it with nails & screws, fill it with art supplies. Khrista filled it with everything that her daughter needed to make her crafts.
**The beauty of this is that she can remove drawers if necessary when working on craft.
Another great point is that because all of these items are readily accessible and available to her daughter, she does more crafting… more often! I am in favor of anything that helps our kids to be creative and choose work/play over video games and TV.
I think that when kids create it really brings out such a wonderful thing in them… their creative, imaginative side! This can lead to great possibilities!
What do you think? Isn’t that a great idea? Thanks, Khrista, for sharing!
- If you are looking for some ideas of what you can put into your DIY craft organizer, check out my post on a great gift for the creative child. I think that any of these would work.
- I also have this post on how to organize the crafts that your children bring home from school.
- And this last one on organizing arts & crafts for your whole family (as part of my 40 days to home organization series)
How do you organize your crafts? In one big box? In bags? In an organizer?