This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Dear new mom,
You are preparing for a lifetime of wonder as you watch your child grow, so let me give you my favorite tips as you prepare for these first 100 days…
- Embrace the night shift.
Your baby might keep you up all night long, like our fourth baby did, or he/she might just wake up a few times a night… either way- it won’t last long, so embrace that night shift, Mama! You will look back on it with fond memories. ♥
- Talk to your babies.
Just sit there, enjoy their gaze, enjoy the way that those tiny fingers will wrap around yours… enjoy your babies. Talk to them, sing to them, snuggle them. Look in their eyes & make eye contact.
- Sometimes feeding your baby can be really hard.
Our first son took three full months before he was able to nurse, but then he was able to nurse for over a year (he actually refused the bottle from then on). Our second son was given breast-milk through a bottle for year. I supplemented with formula from the time that he was born. Remember that the important thing is that your baby is eating- formula or breast-milk. It is OK either way! Breast or bottle isn’t nearly as important as the fact that you are FEEDING YOUR BABY. That’s what matters.
- Lean on Babies”R”Us and Pampers to guide you through this journey.
Babies”R”Us and Pampers are teaming up to remind moms how to best prepare for the First 100 Days with baby. Babies “R” Us was the place that we registered and it was where we went anytime that we needed anything, because we knew they had it (including Pampers!)
- Use a diaper that doesn’t leak. Seriously- I made this mistake with our first son. Dress your baby in Pampers to be leak-free from day one. (We liked the Pampers Swaddlers)
- Take your child to see the Easter Bunny & get a picture! I can remember the first time that our babies sat on the Easter Bunny’s lap at our past neighborhood’s get-together and each one of them fell asleep… blame it on the soft fur. 😉 All except Beau… I think he was ready to jump off of the Easter Bunny & into my arms in about 5 seconds. hahaha! (His friend Taylor was as calm as could be… that’s probably why this photo always stuck in my mind. It makes me laugh.)
From then on, we had pictures taken each year with this Easter Bunny and we always did an Easter Egg hunt in our yard. Pretty soon… they even wanted to dress up like the Easter bunny for their picture (here is Allie ready to meet the Easter Bunny!)
Easter is a great time to head to Babies “R” Us. They are having a “Baby’s First Easter” event on Saturday, March 25 from 11:00 am-12:00 pm. You can take your sweet baby (in that adorable easter outfit) and find free activities, giveaways and a chance for some great photo ops. Plus, you’ll get a chance to meet other parents with their babies. I always love talking to parents going through the same things as me… sharing advice & stories. Be sure to enter to win the raffles going on throughout the event. Find out more here: www.babiesrus.com/events
Ps- don’t miss out on these deals while you are there:
- Save $10 off any Pampers Value Boxes of Diapers (Available In Store Only 3/17/17 – 3/26/17)
- Free $20 Gift Card w/ Any 2 Pampers Value Box of Diapers (Available In Store only 3/29-4/12)
Being a new mom is tiring and can be tough, but it is the most wonderful ‘job’ in the world. Listen to your heart & your gut- you know best what your baby needs. You are bringing a new life into this world and you will have the chance to mold, encourage and bring that child up to be the kind of person that you know he/she can be. Enjoy these moments!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pampers. The opinions and text are all mine.