I had to share this post, because you are going to love this activity for your kids (seriously!). It is the Crayola Color Alive. (a coloring book that virtually comes to life, more or less).
I knew that it was going to be fun, but I didn’t plan on the kids playing with it for… get ready for it… 2 1/2 hours! Yes, you read that correctly!
We let our three boys play with it (using one iPod and two iPhones, so each child had a device, but they could have easily shared it!) Our daughter was napping, so we will have to let her try it after she wakes up.
So how it works is that you get this book that comes with these
- Crayola.com/ColorAlive or searching for Crayola Color Alive in the App Store, Google Play, or Windows
- Scan the Magic Crayon (our favorite colors were Fire-Breath and Pixie Dust) with the Color Alive app to unlock a virtual coloring effect
- Color the Action Coloring Pages.
- Take your phone and scan it and this will Bring Your Coloring To Life.
- Move it around, listen to it make sounds and take photos of your character with yourself!
- Save your character in order to see, share and play later – reactivate them anywhere, even without having the book in front of you. (this is what we did, but it took us a while to figure this out, so learn from me!) Here is a picture of our son taking a picture of his page…
This is honestly the best toy that we have given to our kids in such a long time, because it isn’t really a toy at all.
It really made them open up their creative side! They were using different colors, they were putting their characters in little houses that they made (out of tissue boxes).
This was the BEST toy! I highly recommend it to everyone, especially for right around $5, you can’t beat it!
Now it is time for you to enter the Color Alive Sweepstakes…
There will be 3 weekly prizes and one grand prize — a trip for 4 to the brand new Crayola Experience in Orlando, FL — opening Summer 2015!