This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Do you ever feel overwhelmed with what you have to do in your home? Today I am sharing a room by room cleaning printable to help you get started.
“Inch by inch, it’s a cinch… yard by yard, it’s hard.”
It is, but it isn’t…
I have daily chores, but please remember that I also do weekly and monthly chores that take those daily chores a step further.
If I only swept my floors daily, but never washed them, it would be a disaster. If I only wiped down my toilets but never cleaned the insides, they would be disgusting.
I do these daily chores to keep our home clean, sanitized and livable. I do them because I want a clean house that my family can feel good about. I then take it a step further and we deep-clean every week. You can see that daily, weekly, monthly cleaning list here.
The real deal
I know that when I post my cleaning lists, some people complain that it is too much work. It may seem that way, trust me… I get it, but it will be so much better soon! If you have already taken my WHOLE HOME DECLUTTERING COURSE, this will all seem very manageable, because your house will be decluttered & ready to go. Once you have completed the course, keeping your home clean will be a breeze (even with kids) because you will have a plan. Seriously. I spend maybe 15-30 minutes doing all of these things… and that is with a family of 6!
(And they are still young… see? 😉 )
Cleaning supplies you’ll need:
- Dish Soap
- Vacuum (I love our robot vacuums)
- I love these cleaning products (they often have freebies, too!)
FIND THE PRINTABLE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST.
What to clean:
- As you wake up, clean the bedroom. Make your bed. Open the blinds. Put your PJ’s away. Vacuum the room (or run your robot).
- When you get ready, clean your bathroom. Wipe down the counters. Put your makeup away. Clean the mirrors if they are messy from the kids brushing their teeth.
- When you walk into the kitchen, clean the countertops if they need cleaning (I actually like to do the kitchen at night so it is ready for the next day).
- Sweep your front porch when your family leaves for school or work or when you get home from work.
- Clean your living room for about 5-10 minutes in the morning & again at night (with your family).
The Room by Room Breakdown:
- Make bed
- Put away pajamas
- Pick up clothes
- Close drawers
- Clear off night-stand.
- Clean off countertops with a wipe (30 seconds)
- Wipe toilet seat & rim (30 seconds)
- Clean mirror if needed
- Clean sink (quick wipe down after everyone brushes their teeth)
- Restock toilet paper & soap if needed (with six people in our family, we do this one a lot)
- Wash hand towels if needed (I usually do this about twice a week)
- Empty garbage daily or every other day. (Ours has to be emptied at least once a day)
- Empty dishwasher every night before bed
- Refill dishwasher if needed
- Clean countertops (30 seconds with a wipe)
- Wipe down the inside of the microwave if needed
- Sweep floors ~ 2 minutes
- Clear clutter piles ~ 5 minutes
- Wipe down chairs if needed
- Clean sink (& anything left in it)
- Put pillows on couch/blankets into baskets
- Clear off table
- Pick stuff up off of the floor (toys, clutter, dog toys)
- Take dishes into the kitchen
- Put shoes where they belong
- Sweep porch (30 seconds)
- Wipe down chairs (ours are always covered in pollen)
- Clear off cobwebs. I use the end of a broom that we keep in the garage.
- Water any flowers
- Beat pillows to get any dust/pollen off of them.
This may be a lot of work at first, but I promise you will be so much happier about your house after you’ve done this for a while.
If you are ready to get started, right now… join me! In my Whole House declutter course , we will declutter, clean & organize your home. It takes away the overwhelming feeling because we are doing it together. You will be in a group with other people doing it, too! We walk through each room of your house, together. I give you daily tasks, checklists, directions & video tours of my house to show you what has worked well for me & my family. I’d love to have you join!
If you just want the daily cleaning list, find it here. I’ll send it via e-mail, so you can download, print or save it.
You can hang it on your refrigerator or put it into a plastic sleeve or laminate it and check things off as you go for the first few weeks until you get the hang of it.