This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Kashi.
Our family of six is always looking for ways that we can eat healthy and quickly. I say quickly because I rarely have time to sit down to have a snack, let alone prepare one!
I would have to say that about 80% of my meals & snacks are eating on the go (when I am walking around the house or even in the car). I normally reach for things that are fast like fruit or granola bars or almonds and raisins.
If I don’t have something like this prepared, my downfall will be the many many fast-food places that I pass along the way when I am out and about.
So- I opt for granola bars. I can keep a box in the car and I can keep some in my purse or diaper bag.
Oh, and did I mention that I am VERY picky about my granola bars? Yep- I am. The off-brand ones just don’t taste good to me at all. Some of the brands even hurt my teeth to eat them because they are so hard or too chewy. My husband thinks this is really weird, but I just like what I like. So, when I find one that fits my high standards (haha!) I keep it!
Let me introduce you to a granola bar that I like… I am going to buy this one over and over (and that will probably be every time that we go to the store because our family ate two boxes of these granola bars in two days!)
They come in two flavors that are really great!
Here are the reasons that I love Kashi’s Crunchy Granola & Seed Bars:
- They have the kind of ingredients that I WANT to see in the foods that I am feeding my kids. Things like chia seeds, flax and quinoa.
- They are healthy! The Chocolate Chip Chia Crunchy Granola and Seed Bars deliver 320mg of ALA omega 3’s, 3g fiber and 23g whole grains.
- Honey Oat Flax Crunchy Granola and Seed Bars also have 320mg of ALA omega 3’s, 3g fiber and 25g whole grains. (yay for healthy eating!)
- Our kids (ages 7, 5, 3, 1) loved them as much as I did (maybe more!) Oh- and my husband loved them (he is the type of person that will not eat anything all day long and then be really hungry at dinnertime when he gets home from work. I told him that if he liked them, I would just send several boxes with him to work for the week and he could eat them in the mornings (“BREAKFAST IS IMPORTANT, SIR!”)
- I liked that they aren’t just a “glorified candy bar” (as Dr. Oz says of granola bars). These ones have the sort of things that I was hoping to find in a granola bar. I’ve been eating it for breakfast. If I have time, I’ll even pair it with my on-the-go Peanut Butter Energy Smoothie.
What do you think? What is your ‘go-to’ food for a quick on-the-go meal?