This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I want to share these unique fundraiser ideas because it is the time of year when we start thinking about charities and giving back. These ideas will help you get the ball rolling.
Every year, my family walks for Alzheimers Association. My grandmother passed away from this awful disease and we are on a mission to find a cure. Here was our first year walking for her…
(from left: my dad, brother (Tim), mom, sister in law (Jill) holding Lia (niece), me, Mickey
Front row: Beau, Ethan, Dylan (nephew), Jack. Allie wasn’t born yet.
To raise money, we try to think outside of the box. I want to share my five favorite ideas with you.
1. Host a fundraiser at Chuck E. Cheese’s. (we just did this one this weekend, so I have a lot to say about it). It is easy. Here are some steps of how it works:
- We had assistance with booking through the online service
- 2 Fundraising posters will arrive at your house & a flyer with coupons
- If you end up doing it for a school, they can request to have Chuck E. himself visit their campus the day of the event to get kids excited. He hangs out by the bus line to say goodbye to the kids and remind the parents that the fundraising event is that night. He can even come to an assembly.
- Teachers will receive a free meal and a trip in the Ticket Blaster when they provide a school ID (good for an individual one-topping pizza OR all you can eat salad bar and soft drink).Here are some pictures from our fundraiser:
Idea #2- An old fashioned bake sale.
Try to be specific, maybe hosting a “CHOCOLATE CAKE” sale, where you only have different chocolate cakes. These are a little more unique and will bring more attention. You could have it around the same time of a big event, so you can use the traffic from that event (ex: a football game) for your charity. There is a local charity here called Cookies for Kids Cancer. They bake cookies – it is a great idea.
Idea #3- Host a color run
Participants ask different people to sponsor them for the color run. You could set up your own color run in your neighborhood or on a local track (with permission, of course!) Just buy colored powder and throw it on the racers when they get to certain points in the run/walk.
Idea 4- Have a face painting party!
This is so cute. Just pick up a face painting kit. Charge per painted face. Similar to idea #2, if you can set up around a major event, you are going to make more money for your cause.
5. Host an ice cream social.
We did this one before, too. Buy a lot of different ice creams and toppings. Let everyone make their own sundaes (you do the ice cream scooping) and charge a few dollars per bowl.
My favorite is Chuck E Cheeses, because we had the biggest turnout. Everyone was excited to come and they all had a blast!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Chuck E. Cheese’s. The opinions and text are all mine.