This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I’m excited to be working with Stonyfield for today’s sponsored post, to share a list of 25 Healthy Snacks for Kids.
Last week, I spoke with Amy Rodriguez, two-time Olympic gold medalist, over the phone. We were chatting about kids… with six kids between our two families, we’ve learned a few things. Amy and I talked about how busy things are and how we really want to do what’s best for our children, including keeping them happy and nourished.
While we can do what we want for our kids, it boils down to our actions. We talked about how our kids are always look up to us- following our lead. When we talk to others, they are listening. When we read a book, they are watching. When we grab a snack, they are seeing what we are eating. They are following our example.
I asked Amy about her favorite snacks and I loved her ideas and wanted to share them with you today. We both agree on giving our kids YoKids® yogurt. It’s available in all major formats (cups, pouches, tubes, smoothies), making it a convenient and delicious grab-and-go snack that can be enjoyed anywhere. The variety of formats makes eating nourishing snacks on the go easy – whether it’s back to school, camp, or loading up a cooler for a family road trip!
- Stonyfield Organic YoKids Cups: Stonyfield® YoKids® is the #1 Organic Kids Yogurt!
- Peanut Butter and celery
- Carrots and hummus
- Stonyfield Organic YoKids Pouches
- Cheese Sticks
- Cherries (our kids love cherries!)
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Peppers, sliced
- Cucumbers, sliced
- Broccoli (our kids love it with ranch)
- Stonyfield Organic YoKids smoothies
- Applesauce pouches
- Frozen grapes covered in Yogurt: Rinse grapes & Remove stems. Freeze the grapes on a cookie sheet for three hours. Once they are frozen, let thaw for 2 minutes then put a toothpaste in it. Dip the grapes in Stonyfield Organic YoKids. Either eat them right away or refreeze.
- Yogurt-covered raisins (you can make these at home)
- Stonyfield Organic YoKids squeezers
- TIP→> You can even freeze them and use them as ice cream pops! Our kids LOVE this! These Frozen YoKids squeezers make perfect nutritious after-dinner treat alternative!
I choose Stonyfield YoKids yogurt because it is so convenient and has lower sugar. It is made with USDA organic, non-GMO ingredients. Plus, Stonyfield YoKids yogurt now features as much as 40% less sugar than the leading low-fat kids’ yogurt. Because Stonyfield YoKids yogurts are certified organic, that means each cup is always made without the use of toxic persistent pesticides, artificial hormones, antibiotics, and GMOs. Organic Certification matters because just calling something natural isn’t a guarantee. You can learn more here.
I keep all of these snacks in places that are convenient for our kids- making it a no-brainer when it comes to snack time.
They can just go in and grab something and I don’t have to worry about the sugar or chemicals, because I know I’ve given them great choices.
It also makes it really easy for our kids to pack their own lunches. They can grab what they need from the refrigerator and freezer and throw it into their lunchbox. It lets them have that independence while giving them only choices that I would approve of.
Tip→> I keep YoKids pouches and squeezers in the freezer, too. When the kids pack them in their lunchbox, it’s a great way to have yogurt perfectly thawed just in time for lunch!