My friend, Kristy McKito, is always coming up with great ideas!
This year, for her children’s end-of-year-teacher gift, she made these adorable DIY flower pens & wrote “Thank you for helping me grow” on the card. How cute (& practical!)
What you need:
- one silk flower per pen
- Cute baskets (dollar store or walmart)
- Rocks, pebbles, coffee beans or regular beans (what she bought)
- Floral Tape
- scotch tape (just to make holding the flower to the pen easier
- wire cutters – to make the flower stem the same length as the pen
Lets make it!:
- Use your wire cutters to trim the flower stem so the length matches that of the pen.
- To make the next part easy, just put a small piece of scotch tape on the top & bottom to attach the stem to the pen (just to hold it in place)
- Wrap all the way up to the point of the flower, wrapping around there a few times and then re-wrap back up to the top. At the top, be sure to go around the pen a few times again (like you did at the point) and then trim the floral tape off and secure it.
- Grab a jar and just fill it with beans, coffee beans, pebbles or rocks. This will hold the flower pens in place. You can put this into any jar (bucket, mason jar, coffee mug…) You could even give it as a gift with a little journal or notebook.
These were used for a teacher gift… here are the finished products:
Visit me on Pinterest to see other ideas that we have done or that I have repinned! http://pinterest.com/BeckyMans
Free Weekly Tips! Plus Get My Free Book