I am really excited today to be sharing this with you. I am doing something really fun today- I am participating in a virtual bake sale! So there are 36 bloggers and we have teamed up into groups of six. Each team has to try to “sell” the most recipes.
My teammates and I, each a part of Mom it Forward Blogger Network, are teaming up with our sponsor, McCormick, to get creative and come up with some fantastic recipes. I am doing mint brownies!
Our challenge: we had to take one of McCormick’s recipes and be inspired from it, creating our own idea from it.
Here is the one that I decided to be inspired by (this one is by McCormick):
Choco-Mint Crownie: a cookie/brownie combo – Combine two favorite bake sale treats in a flavorful mash-up of cookie dough and brownie batter, baked into a bar and flavored with peppermint extract for a rich, memorable treat: the Choco-Mint Crownie.
From this recipe, I decided to make my Minty Brownie Bites. I can’t take all of the credit- our kids gave me the idea of using their favorite Mint-Sandwich Cookie!
Here is how you make my Minty Brownie Bites:
Ingredients (THIS IF FOR A BIG BATCH OF BROWNIES):
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Flour
2/3 Cup Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 cup canola oil (or vegetable oil)
2 teaspoon McCormick® pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® pure peppermint extract
One package of Mint-sandwich cookies (set aside)
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
Combine in a large bowl and mix until combined and then pour them into a glass pan.
(HINT: if you don’t have time for this, just buy TWO BOXES of brownie mix and make it like the box instructs. Add the peppermint extract before mixing).
HERE COMES THE FUN PART!
Lay 1/2 of the brownie batter in the bottom of the pan…
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Let it cool before serving. (To make them “bites”, you will just want to cut them smaller.. they are perfect for little mouths. Or leave them big for the grown-ups. I like to do both: half of the pan cut small, half of the pan cut into bigger pieces)
It is really good!!
So, back to the bake sale. I was placed on a team with 5 amazing bloggers. Let me introduce them to you, with their recipes:
- Seven Clown Circus: Raspberry Brownies
- Happiness is Homemade: Mocha Brownie Bites
- Our Ordinary Life: Double Chocolate Orange Brownies
- Hands on as we Grow: Monster Chocolate Sandwiches
- B-Inspired Mama: White Chocolate Pumpkin CookiesHere they are all together- don’t they look amazing?
- Please visit the McCormick Bake Sale Contest Pinterest board to see all off these recipes and follow McCormick on Pinterest: Pinterest.com/McCormickSpices & on Facebook: Facebook.com/McCormickSpice
UPDATE: Here is our winning team:
– Amy from http://amysfinerthings.com/
– Emily from http://
– Holly from http://phemomenon.com/
– Jennifer from http://
– Kristyn from http://lilluna.com/
– Lindsey from http://www.cafejohnsonia.com/
Free Weekly Tips! Plus Get My Free Book