We are now accepting applications for guest posts for YourModernFamily.com. Posts are required to be a minimum of 700 words in length and must be original content that has not/will not be published elsewhere.
We are currently accepting posts on the following topics:
- Potty Training
- Kids & Electronics (especially if you can include quotes or research from credible sources)
- Cleaning (not general like “5 tips to clean” but more helpful for parents. For example: “How I get my kids to keep their rooms clean”)
- Recipes (ideally healthy and high in protein)
- Parenting (teaching kids to be kind, etc..)
What do you get out of this?
All accepted contributors will receive:
- Exposure: YourModernFamily receives millions of page views per month. You’d get full credit for the post which includes an author bio with a link back to your blog (if you have one) and/or your social media accounts.
- Your article will be shared on our social media accounts which have a total reach of millions.
- Placed in our Pinterest pinning rotation, which will continue to get promoted for months to come.
- An opportunity for a paid position as a staff writer on the Your Modern Family team.
- Always focus on the POSITIVE. Even when writing about how to un-spoil kids or help them to be less entitled, giving it an “it’s ok, we can help” spin – not a judging feel.
- Posts must be a minimum of 700 words in length but the ideal post is 1,000 words.
- Any images associated must be your own. In the event they are not your own proof is required to show you have the right to use them.
- We appeal to the real modern family – the ones who fall somewhere in the middle of ‘Pinterest Mom’ and ‘Youtube is my babysitter’. We aim for helpful and supportive, but not perfect.
- Posts can include up to 2 links (to a specific article on your website that is relevant to the article and adds value to it) within the body of their article. If the post does not have stand-alone value if we were to remove these things, the post will not be accepted. No affiliate links or sales links can be used and we reserve the right to remove any and all links. There will be a link to your website’s main page in your author’s bio.
How do you apply to guest post?
Complete the form below and we will be in touch. We look forward to hearing your great ideas!
PRIOR TO SUBMITTING, PLEASE READ AND AGREE TO THE BELOW LICENSING TERMS. BY SUBMITTING CONTENT, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS.
This agreement is made between you as “Author” and Your Modern Family (YourModernFamily.com).
Authors are not compensated for guest posts. You are agreeing to have your content published on YourModernFamily.com without any form of monetary or non-monetary compensation.
LICENSE AGREEMENT AND COPYRIGHT OWNERSHIP
By submitting photos, videos or written content to this website, you represent and warrant that: (1) you are at least 13 years old; (2) you are the owner of or have permission to share such materials; (3) you grant Your Modern Family a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide non-exclusive license to use, copy, reproduce, publish, distribute, display and publicly perform those materials, in whole or part, in any manner or medium, now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose, including commercial purposes and advertising; (4) you grant Your Modern Family a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide non-exclusive license and release to use your name and likeness in connection with such materials for any purposes, including commercial purposes and advertising. Your Modern Family does not claim any ownership rights in your materials.
Please choose carefully the materials that you upload to, submit to, or embed on this website. Any material Author provides to be posted on this website becomes public. You are responsible for your material and for any liability that may result from the material you submit for publication on this website. You may not communicate or submit any content or material that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, knowingly false, defamatory or obscene or otherwise in violation of any law or the rights of others. Author agrees to publish this piece of writing only one time and shall not redistribute this writing to any other digital or physical publication for duplication.
Author agrees to defend, indemnify and hold Your Modern Family, its affiliated companies and its respective employees, officers, directors, trustees, and agents harmless from and against any and all losses, claims, suits, actions, liabilities, obligations, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) which arise from Your Modern Family’s exercising of rights within this agreement.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to its conflict of laws.