With the approach of summer comes slower days and care-free vacations. It is the perfect time to embrace your love for reading and encourage your kids to love reading as well. These twenty tips will help you carve out time to read and cultivate a love for reading in your family.
(1) Make a summer reading list for yourself and your kids.
(2) Read to your kids at all ages and make books available.
(3) Head to the library and check out some new books for yourself and for your kids!
(4) Use nap time to make time to read and let your older kids read during this time.
(5) Read together at night with your little ones.
(6) Have a baby? You can still have fun reading together with these great books.
(7) Whatever your kids are currently into, find books related to that subject.
(8) Cracking open a new book can form a space for moms to be encouraged.
(9) Get a personalized book for your kids to add an extra fun twist to reading time.
(10) Read through a series together with your child.
(11) For younger kids, break out some fun picture books.
(12) Find time to read with these tips, even as a busy mom!
(13) Reading aloud together creates a bond between parent and child.
(14) Try using audio books to help foster a love for reading.
(15) Have fun with a summer reading challenge.
(16) Keep a reading log for yourself and your kids.
(17) Make time to read every day.
(18) Create a book related scavenger hunt one day this summer.
(19) Make reading passports.
(20) Dive into a book series this summer.
What tips would you add to this list? How do you plan to enjoy summer reading?