We love to Make paint with kool-aid and I think that you will, too!
- Tablecloth (to lay on the floor)- we have a designated “Craft Tablecloth” that I bought on clearance a few years back (see below). It has saved our table and floors from many many messes!
- Kid-aprons or “messy shirts”
- Kool-aid mix
- Paper (we put ours on an easel, but this is optional, of course)
This is a fun, easy activity to do with your children! It makes your house smell great and it is so much fun to do with your kids. Add in a great story (read about rainbows and paint one) and you have just done a great learning lesson with your kids! 🙂
- I bought a few packets of the off-brand (cheapest you can find) Kool-aid mix.
- Get out as many bowls as you have kids (or if you are separating by color, get out as many bowls as you have colors of Kool-aid. (Example: if you have green, blue and red, you could do three bowls- one for each color).
I have done both. Some days we do a colorful picture with many different colors and other times, I just use one packet and split the one color between the kids.
- PREPARE THE AREA: Get on your aprons and get out your ‘craft’ tablecloth or head outside.
- Remember- this can stain, so wear your aprons!
- Pour a little bit of the Kool-aid mix into each bowl with just a touch of water (a tablespoon or two of water will be enough). The more you use, the runnier (and lighter) it will be.
- Mix the Kool-aid until dissolved
- Give your kids a paint brush and let them go to town!
The Kool-aid is scented so it makes your house smell great!
We have been doing this for years- so here is an older picture of our boys painting:
Find me on Pinterest or Facebook to see some other activities that our kids and I enjoy doing together! If you liked this, check out my other activities here. Here are a few other things that you might enjoy reading….
Get my free book & tips!